About the Event
It wouldn't be a CCC Games without Trivia! We, and our longtime friend and trivia host Doug (from The Know Show Trivia Company), are ready for the final edition of trivia in the CCC 2020 Games. Gather your physically-distant teams of up to 5 and get ready for us to "Quiz U Thru The Phone" one last time!
Here's what you can expect on the day:
1) The Zoom meeting room (details emailed to your Team Lead the day before the event) will be open at 6:30pm MST and trivia will begin promptly at 7:00pm
2) There are 5 rounds in total and each round consists of 10 questions (plus a bonus question for good measure). Point values for each question increase as they get more difficult.
3) Team Leads will be responsible for filling out Google Forms (emailed out the day before the event) for each round and submitting them for marking.
Please note: There are (2) registration forms for this event. A Team Form to be filled out by the Team Lead, and an Individual Participant form to be filled out by all players.
Zoom (Link will be emailed to Team Leads before the event)
All employees from registered companies Canada-wide. Multiple teams from each company welcome and encouraged.
Monday September 14, 12:00pm
Participants per team
Max of 5 people per team
Join Discord (free signup!) and Add our Server, Navigate to the Trivia Nights text channel to get connected to the community. Also feel free to create separate Servers to keep your team connected throughout the event.
Trivia Night15September 20207:00 pm (MDT)
Event Day Communication
You may be wondering how to discuss answers throughout the event. Luckily CCC has had plenty of experience staying connected over the last 5 months (?!) of working from home. Here are some of the ways we've been able to keep in touch:
- Discord - If you've participated in any of our events so far, you'll know that we rely heavily on Discord to communicate before, during, and after events. To learn more about Discord, check out this document we put together: Discord 101
- House Party
- Google Hangouts
- Slack, Cellphones, other chat services
- Having a responsible, socially-distanced gathering with wifi
- Carrier pigeons, fax machines, etc. (not recommended)
If your team wants to do video calls (highly recommended!) here are some helpful tips:
- Multiple displays will make this easier but it's not absolutely necessary.
- Everyone should be in the Zoom meeting for the visual clues, but only one of you needs to have the audio on! If everyone else mutes the Zoom meeting (you'll see an option to do that without muting your whole computer), you won't have to deal with the echo!
- Another solution to this audio problem would be for everyone to use headphones.