Calgary Food Bank
Build & donate much needed Weekends And More & Baby Hampers!
Calgary Food Bank Community Goal
Update: We crushed it! Thank you to our amazing community for helping Calgary Food Bank reach their goal. The work never stops though, so feel free to keep donating.
The Calgary Food Bank is the first line of emergency food support for families and individuals facing crisis. Once the food emergency is addressed, they refer clients to proven partner agencies and programs to address the root causes of food insecurity.
HOW YOU CAN DO YOUR PART: The need for support remains high during these times and the Calgary Food Bank continues to distribute Weekends And More Hampers and Baby Hampers. Help the Calgary Food Bank reach their goal of 500 Hampers by:
- Donating funds in support of the Weekends and More program ($250 = 20 WAM Hampers!)
- Building Hampers (to be donated at the Drive-Thru Donation - details below)
Weekends And More - These hampers make sure kids get the nutritious food they need on the weekends to stay healthy and learning.
Baby Hampers - These include diapers, formula, and baby food to ensure their youngest clients get what they need.
Drive Thru Donation Drop-Off - Calgary Food Bank
When: Sunday, September 27, 2020 from 10am-2pm
Where: Calgary Food Bank 5000 - 11 Street SE, Receiving Door #10 (next to the client/volunteer entrance)
Check-In: Indicate your Company Name and the number of WAM and BABY Hampers that your team has built. Monetary donations via Cash or Cheque can be accepted at this time.
- Upon Check-In, you will be instructed to park your vehicle.
- Please wear a face mask and keep socially distant. Gloves are recomended. Food bank staff and volunteers are required to wear face masks and gloves.
- Food bank staff will bring a cart to your vehicle. You can then unloaded the donations from the vehicle onto the cart.
- Food bank staff will then take the cart and sort the donations into the appropriate boxes.
- Carts will be sanitized between use.
For more information, visit https://www.calgaryfoodbank.com/corporatechallenge/ , or contact Tara at email@example.com or 403-312-8135.